Bryan Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycle Accident Claims in Both Bryan & College Station, TX
Motorcyclists often face more dangers on the road than normal passenger vehicles.
Motorcyclists have little protection if they collide with another motor vehicle, even when they are following all laws and wearing protective gear such as:
People in cars are protected by seatbelts and the exterior of their car when an impact occurs, but motorcyclists have nothing preventing them from flying off their bikes. Because of this, their injuries tend to be more serious after an accident.
If you or someone you love was harmed in an accident caused by negligence, our motorcycle accident attorneys in Bryan, Texas can represent you in your claim.
The Payne Law Group has more than 70 years of experience with helping injured clients heal after a devastating accident and is committed to pursuing justice on behalf of those who have been wronged.
Contact us online or by phone at (979) 300-7406 for a free consultation if you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident in Bryan or College Station. The sooner you call us, the sooner you can recover what’s rightfully yours.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle riders are less visible to others on the road and are often forced into blind spots. In 2017 alone, more than 5,000 motorcyclists died in crashes, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Most motorcycle accidents are, like other motor vehicle accidents, caused by human error.
Common causes of accidents that result in injuries include:
Unsafe Lane Changes
Motorists often make unsafe lane changes by failing to properly check their surroundings or keep a proper lookout for motorcycles on the road. They may also fail to signal or check their blind spots before merging. Motorcyclists can be seriously injured or killed when another motorist makes unsafe lane changes.
Often, drivers fail to check for oncoming bicyclists or motorcyclists before they swing open their car doors. A car door can easily hit a motorcyclist, causing them to be thrown violently from their motorcycle and suffer serious injuries or death.
What Are the Most Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
Since most motorcycle accidents result in the rider being flung from their motorcycle or being trapped beneath it, there are some serious injuries that are commonly sustained in these types of accidents:
- Road rash
- Spinal cord injuries
- Crushed or broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage
No matter what injuries you or your loved one have suffered, our team is here to help you on the road to recovery.
How to Avoid a Motorcycle Accident
You can avoid being in an accident while riding your motorcycle by taking the following precautions:
- Wear proper gear: Even if your state doesn't require it, wearing a DOT-approved helmet and other protective gear (gloves, boots, long-sleeve leather pants or jackets, etc.) can protect you from serious injury in the event of an accident.
- Make yourself as visible as possible: Wear reflective gear and bright clothing, use your headlights, ride in the part of the lane where you are most visible, and don't be afraid to use your horn to alert drivers of your presence.
- Stay alert while riding: By remaining distraction-free while riding your motorcycle, you increase your ability to react quickly to other driver's erratic driving behavior.
- Avoid biking in bad weather: If it's especially rainy or windy out, avoid riding your motorcycle; visibility and road traction are both minimal at times like this, and staying home can help prevent an accident.
- Follow the rules of the road: Drinking and driving and speeding are some of the most common contributors to motorcycle accidents (and other motor vehicle accidents); by avoiding both, you improve your chances of avoiding an accident while on the road.
How Our Law Firm Can Help
Motorcycle accidents can often result in catastrophic injuries that cause permanent damage and require lifelong care, including:
- Head and brain injuries
- Spinal cord and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
Due to the amount of medical treatment required, it can be expensive to heal from your injuries.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Bryan, TX have many decades of experience with securing compensation for clients just like you — clients who need to pay their medical bills and need to be compensated for their:
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
When you hire our team, we focus on achieving results and getting you the money you deserve in your personal injury claim.
Our Bryan, TX motorcycle injury lawyers have the resources and experience needed to advocate for your rights to compensation after an injury. Call (979) 300-7406 today or fill out our online contact form.
Motorcycle Accident FAQ
What is the Most Common Motorcycle Accident?
The most common type of motorcycle accident usually involves motorists making a left-hand turn in front of the motorcyclist, causing them to collide with the turning vehicle. This type of accident accounts for 42% of all car vs. motorcycle accidents.
Where Do Most Motorcycle Accidents Happen?
Motorcycle accidents can occur in a variety of different locations.
Some of the most common scenes include:
- At intersections
- On the freeway or interstate
- On two-lane roads