Bryan, TX Brain Injury Attorneys
Brain Injury Claims in Texas
Brain injuries are a common outcome of accidents, as anyone can be struck in the head when they fall or are hit, as is the case with a car accident or slip and fall. It doesn’t take much to injure your brain and change the way you have to live the rest of your life.
If you or a loved one is suffering from brain injuries after an accident caused by negligence, The Payne Law Group is here to provide trusted legal counsel. Classified under catastrophic injuries, a brain injury can be costly to treat, especially if it becomes worse over time.
Our team can pursue full compensation so you have one less thing to worry about while you recover. We’re able to investigate your accident and collect the evidence we need to hold guilty parties liable and achieve the justice you deserve.
Contact us online or by phone at (979) 300-7406 for a free consultation on your injury case with a brain injury attorney. We can schedule appointments after hours and on weekends for your convenience. We also proudly serve College Station and the surrounding areas!
What Is a TBI?
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is an injury that disrupts the normal function of the brain after being hit by a jolt, bump, or blow to the head.
Even a minor bump with no immediate injuries can gradually turn into a TBI if left untreated. Some brain injuries don’t appear until months after an accident.
What Are the Symptoms of a Brain Injury?
It’s important to be aware of the signs of a TBI so you can seek medical attention immediately.
A brain injury can involve:
- Or swelling
- And have a severe impact on your brain functions, including motor functions
Signs that you may have a TBI after an accident include:
- Difficulty sleeping
- Loss of consciousness
- Confusion or disorientation
- Trouble concentrating
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sensitivity to lights and sounds
What Are the Long-Term Effects of a Brain Injury?
While TBIs can range from mild to severe, they can all cause long-term changes that affect your ability to think, sense, communicate, and feel.
Many TBI victims battle with depression or aggression following their injuries, and some even experience personality changes. TBIs can also cause epilepsy and increase your risk of developing brain disorders like Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
Most Common Causes of Brain Injuries
While brain injuries can happen anywhere in any kind of scenario, there are a few common accidents our attorneys have dealt with that are known to cause TBIS and other catastrophic injuries.
Brain injuries are often caused by:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Car accidents are the leading cause of injuries in the U.S. and can often cause head and brain trauma. Head-on collisions, which occur when the front ends of two cars collide, often result in TBIs such as concussions.
- Slip and fall accidents: A common premises liability case, slip and falls can happen anywhere, anytime, from on wet pavement to uneven carpeting. Individuals can also fall down stairs that are uneven or lack proper railings, or trip over things due to poor lighting.
- Workplace accidents: TBIs from workplace accidents often are associated with the construction and oilfield industries, as workers are put in high-risk situations when companies cut corners or put profits over safety.
Why You Need a Brain Injury Lawyer
Brain injuries can often leave victims disabled, in a coma, or in a vegetative state, and require lifelong care and treatment that can quickly add up to tens of thousands of dollars or more. Our brain injury attorneys have helped clients obtain money to pay their bills after an accident and can help you get the treatment you deserve.
What Types of Damages Can You Recover?
Throughout the years, we’ve been able to recover the following damages for clients in Texas:
- Property damage, including car repairs, replacements, and the cost of having to rent a car while your car is in the shop
- Medical bills, including ambulance rides, hospital stays, surgeries, prescription medications, and physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings due to the inability to work
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement such as scarring
- Physical impairment
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of services
The road to recovery is often challenging and painful for brain injury victims, but our team remains loyal to YOU and can guide you to a better future.
Contact our Bryan, Texas brain injury lawyers for legal counsel in English or Spanish at (979) 300-7406. You can trust our long track record of success. Proudly serving College Station & the surrounding areas!