Car Accident Attorneys in Bryan, Texas
Decades of Success in Recovering Damages for Clients
Car accidents can happen anytime, anywhere, from a busy highway to a grocery store parking lot. They are also the leading cause of injuries in the United States, with 6 million accidents occurring every year and injuring more than 3 million people. While certain factors like poor weather conditions and road hazards can contribute to accidents, virtually all car accidents involve some degree of human error. If you were injured in a car accident that wasn’t your fault, chances are it was caused by driver negligence, a defect in the automobile or another preventable issue. The Payne Law Group has decades of experience fighting for the rights of injured people just like you—people who are entitled to compensation for their injuries. If you’re suffering from injuries, you have the right to hold the other party accountable and to recover what you deserve for your injuries. Our Bryan, Texas car accident attorneys are here to seek justice on your behalf.
Common Types of Car Accidents & Causes
There are countless types of car accidents, but through the years our team has seen there are a few common types seen in personal injury claims time and again.
Common types of accidents include:
- Rear-end collisions: These types of car accidents occur when a car crashes into another car from behind, often a result of tailgating, or when a car drives too closely behind another car.
- T-bone crashes: Also known as side-impact crashes, this occur when a car collides into the side of another car, and typically occurs at intersections when one car is running a red light, goes through a stop sign, or turns when they don’t have the right of way. These accidents can be extremely dangerous for the occupants of the vehicle, especially for anyone sitting on the side of impact.
- Head-on collisions: One of the most dangerous types of accidents occurs when two cars collide head-on, often resulting in traumatic head and brain damage. These accidents can happen when a car drifts into oncoming traffic as a result of distracted or drunk driving, or when a car loses control as a result of speeding or hydroplaning.
- Collisions while merging: Car accidents are common when one car is merging into another lane or onto a highway and collides with another car. This can happen when the merging car fails to signal or check their blind spots for other cars before merging, or when oncoming cars are speeding.
Car accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, but it’s important to note that most of these factors are within the control of drivers.
Common causes of accidents include:
- Impaired driving: Drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol are known for having slower reaction times, meaning they may not be able to brake or slow down in time for stopped or slowed traffic or to avoid road hazards. Drunk drivers also tend to be more fatigued and may drift into other lanes or onto opposing traffic.
- Reckless driving: Reckless driving includes any type of driving that fails to observe reasonable safety measures, including driving too fast for conditions such as rain, rapidly changing lanes in an unsafe manner, and the failure to obey traffic laws such as running red lights, failing to stop at a stop sign, turning when you don’t have the right of way, failing to signal before changing lanes or merging, and more. Speeding is also reckless and contributes to a majority of car wrecks.
- Distracted driving: These days there is a growing trend among driving—and it is not a safe trend. Due to technology, drivers are often texting, reading emails, talking on the phone or even watching videos on their phones and other portable devices while driving. Distracted driving is a major cause of accidents and serious injuries. These very dangerous drivers may drift out of their lane, may drive into oncoming traffic, may fail to brake when necessary, or even run through a red light, all because they were not paying attention and focused as they should; instead, they were paying attention to something other than the task at hand—driving.
Damages Our Team Can Recover
Injuries can be expensive to treat and result in a wide range of costly consequences, but our lawyers are here to help you recover what you’ve lost.
Through our legal representation, we can fight to secure the compensation you need for the following damages:
- Property damage, including car repairs, replacements, and the cost of having to rent a car while your car is in the shop
- Medical bills, including ambulance rides, hospital stays, surgeries, prescription medications, and physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings due to the inability to work
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement such as scarring
- Physical impairment
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of services
We can protect your rights to compensation when you call us. Our team is compassionate and dedicated to helping YOU move on to a better future.
Don’t hesitate to begin seeking justice after a car accident; call our Bryan, Texas car accident attorneys today at (979) 300-7406 for a consultation.