Drunk Driving Attorneys in Bryan, Texas
Holding Negligent Drivers Accountable
Over the last few decades, countless organizations and entities have raised awareness of the dangers of driving while under the influence, but that doesn’t mean it’s not still a big problem. In fact, every day almost 30 people die in drunk driving accidents in the U.S. – more than 10,000 a year and one person every 50 minutes, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Drunk driving is extremely dangerous and puts the driver and everyone around them, from other cars and motorcyclists to pedestrians and bicyclists, at risk. If you or someone you love was injured by a drunk driver, you deserve justice. You shouldn’t have to suffer due to another person’s poor judgment and violation of the law. The Payne Law Group is available to represent you and fight to secure the money you need to recover. Our drunk driving attorneys in Bryan, Texas have decades of experience helping victims of drunk driving recover for their injuries and can help you fight to get the money you deserve.
Contact us online or by phone at (979) 300-7406 to take advantage of your free injury case consultation. Our team is ready to hear you and offer you options. We also offer our services in English and Spanish.
Dangers of Drunk Driving
Alcohol is known to impact the brain, slowing down the thought and reasoning process and impairing muscle coordination. However, individuals require the optimal use of their coordination and ability to reason to be able to operate a vehicle safely and without endangering the lives of themselves and others.
Some of the common dangers associate with drunk driving that can lead to accidents and serious injuries include:
- Slowed reaction time: When your reaction time is slowed, the likelihood of you getting into an accident is increased, as you’ll have less time to respond to something like a road hazard, merging car, or slowed or stopped traffic. You simply may not have the ability to brake in time before hitting a pedestrian or bicyclist or other car due to a slowed reaction time.
- Poor decision making: Alcohol can cloud your judgment and cause you to make decisions you may not normally make while sober, including driving recklessly or while distracted. Drunk drivers are known to drive above the speed limit, which can cause them to lose control of their car or not be able to brake in time before colliding into another car. Drunk drivers may also ignore red lights, stop signs, and other safety precautions.
- Decreased vision: Being able to see clearly is extremely important for drivers, and drunk driving can result in impaired vision, which means you may not be able to navigate lanes or see animals or pedestrians on the road in front of you.
- Fatigue: Drunk driving can also cause fatigue, which can cause drivers to drift into other lanes or into opposing traffic while driving, or fall asleep at the wheel entirely.
Who is Responsible for Drunk Driving Accidents?
Liability can fall on a number of parties after an accident caused by drunk driving. In most cases, the drunk driver is held responsible for their behavior, as drivers are obligated to create a safe environment for others when they choose to operate a vehicle. However, liability can also fall on bar or restaurant owners if it can be proven that employees continued to serve the drunk customer despite intoxication.
Trust Us to Handle Your Case
To determine liability and collect the evidence needed to fight for your right to compensation, you need a strong personal injury attorney who can help you navigate the claims process. Our lawyers have guided countless injured clients through communication and dedicated advocacy. Drunk driving is illegal, and guilty parties should be held responsible for the damage they’ve caused to you and your family, physically, emotionally, and financially.
We can help you secure the compensation you need to pay for the following after your accident:
- Property damage, including car repairs, replacements, and the cost of having to rent a car while your car is in the shop
- Medical bills, including ambulance rides, hospital stays, surgeries, prescription medications, and physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings due to the inability to work
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement such as scarring
- Physical impairment
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of services
Don’t lose hope after your accident – we’re here to recover what’s rightfully yours.
Don’t let drunk drivers get away. Call our drunk driving attorneys in Bryan, Texas at (979) 300-7406 so we can begin building your case.