Bryan Premises Liability Attorneys
Over Seven Decades of Success
Accidents can happen anywhere and at any time. From tripping and falling to getting hit by a falling object, virtually all accidents are avoidable. If you’ve been injured in an accident that someone else could’ve prevented, you may be entitled to seek compensation.
Business property owners are responsible for making sure their properties and buildings are safe for guests and visitors, and when they violate that responsibility, they can be held accountable. Since 1949, our personal injury attorneys have protected the rights of the injured when they’ve been harmed by someone else’s negligence.
Contact us online or by phone at (979) 300-7406 for a free injury case consultation with a professional and dedicated team member. We can assess your situation and inform you on your next steps. Proudly serving both Bryan and College Station.
What is Premises Liability?
Premises liability refers to personal injury cases in which the injuries were caused by an unsafe or defective condition on someone’s property.
Types of Premises Liability Cases
Common types of premises liability cases that our law firm has encountered include:
- Slip and fall cases, including slippery, wet, or oily floors; unsecured carpets or rugs; loose or broken stairs or sidewalks; and exposed extension cords
- Swimming pool accidents, which can involve drownings and other water-related injuries
- Amusement park accidents
- Water leaks or flooding
- Toxic fumes or chemicals
- Dog bites
- Snow and ice accidents
What Is a Duty of Care?
One of the main issues in a premises liability claim is what duty of care the property owner or possessor owes to the people on their property. For example, if the person is trespassing, the property owners may have limited liability because the injured individual was not legally allowed to be on the property.
However, people that are invitees or licensees may be eligible to seek compensation for their injuries on another’s property:
- Licensees are generally social guests who have been specifically invited to be on the property, such as friends and relatives, but are not there for commercial or business purposes.
- On the other hand, invitees are generally on the property for business, such as customers visiting a store, hotel, or restaurant.
Damages for Premises Liability Claims in Texas
We’ve helped countless clients recover damages including:
- Medical bills and costs for hospital stays, surgery, medications, physical therapy, and more
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
We will work hard in our fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Why Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Premises liability cases can be complicated when it comes to determining what conditions the property owner is responsible for and what damages are available for your injuries.
The Payne Law Group lawyers have the experience and resources to investigate the accident and determine your rights to receive compensation for your injuries.
Call (979) 300-7406 to speak with a dedicated premises liability attorney in Bryan or College Station. We strive to always be available to respond to our clients’ questions and concerns.